The /b/ sound is also known as
The Bouncing Ball Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /b/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice /b/ words when playing a board game. With each turn practice a /b/ word.
2. Practice the /b/ sound at home by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /b/ sound. (Ball, Bag, etc.)
3. Practice the /b/ sound and words while getting ready for bed.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /b/ or The Bouncing Ball Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /b/ sound:
- BOO by Robert Munsch
- Mother Bruce by Ryan T. Higgins
- The Monster At The End Of This Book by Jon Stone
- The Very Cranky Bear by Nick Bland
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See by Bill Martin
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears retold by numerous authors