The /v/ sound is also known as
The Vacuum Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /v/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /v/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /v/ sound. (Vacuum, Glove, etc.)
2. Practice the /v/ sound at home by playing hide and seek. Write down words or print out picture that have the /v/ sound in them. Hide and then find the words together, making sure to practice saying them with a good /v/ sound.
3. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /v/ sound and practice saying them.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /v/ or The Vacuum Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /v/ sound:
- Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day is Cool by James Dean and Kimberly Dean
- Happy Valentines Day Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- I Love You and Cheese Pizza by Brenda Li
- We Share Everything by Robert Munsch
- Happy Valentines Day, Curious George! by H. A. Rey