The /t/ sound is also known as
The Tapping Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /t/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /t/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /t/ sound. (Tap,Toys, etc.)
2. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /t/ sound and practice saying them.
3. Practice the /t/ sound by coloring or painting pictures that have the /t/ sound in them (Tent, Cat, etc.) . Practice saying what they are using a good /t/ sound.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /t/ or The Tapping Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /t/ sound:
- Duck In The Truck by Jez Alborough
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- Red Truck by Kersten Hamilton
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Numeroff
- The Three Little Pigs by numerous authors
- Andrews Loose Tooth by Robert Munsch