The /g/ sound is also known as
The Drinking Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /g/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /g/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /g/ sound. (Girl, Dog, etc.)
2. Practice the /g/ sound by coloring or painting pictures that have the /g/ sound in them (Girl, Dragon, etc.)
3. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /g/ sound and practice saying them.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /g/ or The Drinking Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /g/ sound:
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
- Go Dog Go by P.D Eastman
- Goat in a Boat by Lesley Sims