Lakeland Catholic Schools are extraordinary places, which harbour friendships and launch new learning experiences. As one of the cutting edge school divisions in the Province of Alberta, Lakeland Catholic Schools is proud of its high quality programs, where intellectual learning meets spiritual development, where faith and real life go hand in hand, and where genuine inclusiveness and collaboration are at the heart of the day-to-day school experience.
Lakeland Catholic Schools have been providing quality Catholic education to the Lakeland region for over 40 years. We are extremely proud of our students, staff, and schools and believe we are the ideal education choice for children in the area.
- Number of schools: 8
- Number of Students (Kindergarten to Grade 12): 2595
- Number of Preschool Students: 161
- Overall Total of Students: 2756
- Number of Staff: 295
Our primary purpose, like Christ, is to serve... our students, our parents and our community.
Within this context we:
- Enhance our Catholic identity by developing and maintaining strong links among the parish, school, and home;
- Develop students as critical thinkers and problem solvers, equipped with the skills to be responsible, productive, and ethical citizens focused on serving God and the community;
- Provide students with a wide range of high quality educational programs and services that educate the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, physically, culturally, and emotionally;
- Nurture self-esteem, success, and wellness in a safe, caring and enabling learning environment that affirms the dignity of staff and students; and
- Develop a learning climate that supports excellence, continuous improvement, and lifelong learning.
Christ Our Model. Children Our Focus!
A Catholic community of learners . . . opening hearts, minds, and doors.
Values and Beliefs
- Catholic values are fundamental in preparing students’ minds, bodies, and spirits, and Christ should be reflected in everything that we do.
- Each student is a unique gift from God to be valued and respected.
- All children can learn and experience success; they have the right to access high quality educational programming that considers different learning styles and ability levels.
- All students, parents, and staff have gifts and talents that must be recognized, respected and developed.
- Learning is a visionary and proactive process that requires a collaborative effort by students, staff, families and the community.
- Learning occurs best in a safe, orderly, and caring environment where expectations are clear and students believe they can and will succeed.