The /n/ sound is also known as
The Nose Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /n/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /n/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /n/ sound. (Spoon, Nail, etc.)
2. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /n/ sound and practice saying them.
3. Practice the /n/ sound at home by playing hide and seek. Write down words or print out pictures that have the /n/ sound in them. Hide and then find the words together, making sure to practice saying them with a good /n/ sound.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /n/ or The Nose Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /g/ sound:
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
- If You Give a Dog a Doughnut by Laura Numeroff
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
- The Night Before Halloween by Natasha Wing
- The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist by Jan Berenstain
- Franklin's Halloween by Paulette Bourgeois